Simply put, Grace United Methodist Church exists to bring the awesome life and grace of Christ to a lost and broken world through outreach in our own community and abroad. The Church, established in 1961, continues to be a Venice Island landmark symbolizing a place where people can find God's grace, hope, and love. As part of the United Methodist Church, we profess the historic Christian faith. Come see for yourself what makes Grace on the Island so special.
VISION: Living In Grace
G-Grow in our faith through our personal relationship with Jesus.
R-Respond to Christ's love by sharing our time, talents, gifts & resources.
A-Accept everyone with open hearts, open minds & open doors.
C-Connect with God & one another to experience the love of Jesus.
E-Equip followers to serve & make disciples in our community & world.
At Grace United Methodist Church:
We welcome each person.
We share the love of Jesus.
We spread His grace to the world.
United Methodists share a common heritage with all Christians. According to our foundational statements of beliefs, we share the following basic affirmations in common with all Christian communities:
We describe God in three persons. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are commonly used to refer to the threefold nature of God. Sometimes we use other terms, such as Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer.
- We believe that the church is the body of Christ, an extension of Christ’s life and ministry in the world today.
- We believe that the mission of the church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the church is “the communion of saints,” a community made up of all past, present, and future disciples of Christ.
- We believe that the church is called to worship God and to support those who participate in its life as they grow in faith.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word.
- We believe that the Bible is the primary authority for our faith and practice.
- We believe that Christians need to know and study the Old Testament and the New Testament.
- Through baptism we are joined with the church and with Christians everywhere.
- Baptism is an outward symbol of our inward new life and a sign of God's love and forgiveness of our sins.
- Persons of any age can be baptized.
- We baptize by sprinkling, immersion or pouring.
The Lord's Supper (Communion, Eucharist)
- The Lord's Supper is a holy meal of bread and juice from the vine that symbolizes the body and blood of Christ.
- The Lord's Supper recalls the life, death and resurrection of Jesus and celebrates the unity of all the members of God's family.
- By sharing this meal, we give thanks for Christ's sacrifice and are nourished and empowered to go into the world in mission and ministry.
- We practice "open Communion," welcoming all who love Christ, repent of their sin, and seek to live in peace with one another.
Photo/Video Policy Statement and Release
Grace UMC has several cameras on campus inside and out. These cameras record 24/7. They are used for security purposes and at times may need to be copied for law enforcement.
In addition Grace UMC periodically takes photos and video taping of the congregation, staff, students, and visitors in classroom settings, during special events, in public meetings and other Grace UMC related venues. These photos are for Grace UMC use and may be used in a variety of publications including: brochures, pamphlets, web pages, flyers, or television/video productions.
If you do not wish to have your photo/video used, please click HERE and you will be taken to a form. Please complete it and send into the office either by regular mail or email Trina@graceontheisland.com.
Otherwise you will agree to the following: I hereby grant Grace UMC permission to use my likeness in a photograph or other digital reproduction in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I further give permission to Grace UMC to share this image with The Florida Conference of the UMC for use in any and all of its publication, including website entries, without payment or other consideration.
I understand and agree that these materials will become the property of Grace UMC and will not be returned. I hereby irrevocable authorize the Grace UMC and The Florida Conference to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute this photo for purposes of publicizing its programs or for any other lawful purpose.
In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph. I hereby hold harmless and release and forever discharge the Grace UMC form all claims, demands, and causes of action which I, my heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on my behalf or on behalf of my estate have or may have be reason of this authorization.
Position Grace UMC in Venice FL has an immediate opening for a full
time Church Administrator to help fulfill our Vision, Mission, Values and
Strategy. This position oversees the day
to day operations of the church including management of staff and facilities,
interfacing with the outside accountant and administrative functions. Good people skills along with an understanding
of Quick Books and MS Office a plus.
Position Summary: The Saturday & Sunday Custodian consists of: Saturday preparing the TFEC worship area for church service and Sunday's preparing the TFEC worship area for the week.
For the complete job position, please click HERE.
To apply: Please email resume and letter of interest to:
or send to:
Grace United Methodist Church
400 Field Avenue East
Venice, FL 34285