Below you will find information about some of the events and opportunities that Grace has to offer. If you have any questions or need additional information about anything listed below feel free to contact the church office.
- Sunday, March 25 is Palm Sunday We will commemorate Jesus’ triumphal entry into the city of Jerusalem. Services are at 9:00 and 11:00am.
- Thursday, March 29, at 7pm, is our Maundy Thursday experience, where our contemporary worship band will lead us as we share Holy Communion at the table of the Last Supper.
- Friday, March 30, at noon, the Chancel Choir will lead us in a traditional service in remembrance of Jesus’ crucifixion on the cross.
- Sunday, April 1
is Resurrection Sunday! We will celebrate the glory
of Easter Sunday as we rejoice and give thanks that Christ is risen! Services
are at 9:00 and 11am. And, little ones, don't forget to bring your Easter
baskets for our Easter Egg Hunt at 10:30am on the front lawn
between worship services!
Sunday Morning Opportunities:
Wesleyan Class @ 9:30 am; Main Bldg. West Wing
Christian Encounters @ 9:45 am; Main Bldg. East Wing
Your Turn @ 10:10 am; Main Bldg. Parlor
Relevant @ 10:10 am; TFEC, Room 103
Tuesday Evening Opportunities:
Chancel GraceTones Handbell Ensemble Practice @
5:30 pm; Main Bldg. Music Room (During Season)
Wednesday Evening Opportunities:
Chancel Choir Practice @ 6:30 pm; Main Bldg. Music Room (During Season)
Grace United Methodist Church is a Stephen Ministry congregation. A Stephen Minister is equipped to provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting. If you are called to be a Stephen Minister or are in need of a Stephen Minister, please speak to Pastor Robin or Christy Hedrick. Pastor Robin can be reached through the church office at 488-1374. Christy can be reached at (317) 797-5306 or through a private email to: email@example.com.
To visit the website for Stephen Ministries, please click HERE.
PANCAKE BREAKFASTS START IN NOVEMBER
Thank you for your support - We use the proceeds for missions and community projects!
The Pancake Breakfasts are held: November 4th through April
on the first and third Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Cost $6.00 for pancakes (plain or blueberry), scrambled eggs, sausage patties, grits, biscuits and gravy, peaches, and orange juice, with lots of fellowship and smiles.
Hope to see you there!
If you want to volunteer, please come early to the breakfast and see Larry Bender.
LIVING OUT VISION
United Methodist Women are turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world.
We provide opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action. We are organized for growth, with flexible structures leading to effective witness and action. We equip women and girls around the world to be leaders in communities, agencies, workplaces, governments and churches. We work for justice through compassionate service and advocacy to change unfair policies and systems. We provide educational experiences to lead to personal change in order to transform the world.
Grace United Methodist Women Events
Executive Meetings are held on the Second Tuesday of the month October through May at 10 AM in Punch Hall Conference Room. General Meeting & Luncheons are held on the Second Tuesdays October through May at 11:30 AM in Punch Hall. All women of Grace United Methodist Church are invited to attend. Circle Meetings are held the third Tuesdays at 9:30 AM October through May on Campus (Lois, Miriam, Ruth).
Country Store is open the first and third Saturday of each month October through April at 8 AM along with the pancake breakfast. Donations gladly accepted. Any questions please call Judy Johnson at 941-488-6929. Packing and pick up is available upon request.
MEN’S BREAKFAST...We have decided that instead of dinners we will meet for breakfast at 7:30 AM on the first Monday of every month. After breakfast and fellowship those that are willing will do some projects around the campus.
Pancake Breakfast's are the first and third Saturday of the month. They run from October thru April in TFEC.
Our plans for 2017-2018 are taking shape. They will include:
- Baseball- Spring training Thursday, March 22 – Orioles vs. Boston Red Sox.
- Gatlin Brothers at Venice Preforming Arts Center March 10th - $46.00. We have made arrangements for a group dinner for as many people that want to come at 4:30pm at the British Open Pub at Venice and Jacaranda Ave. Contact John Milton 484-7975 or Debbie Pfundtner 493-2706.
- Men’s Golf outing being scheduled for the last week in March. More info to come.
- And a few more to be determined. Come with us! Contact John Milton for more information.
- The Methodist Men’s club is sponsoring a 9 hole golf Tournament. It features a scramble format designed for players of all skill levels. It will be held at Lake Venice Golf Club on Wednesday, March 28th starting at 2:00pm Cost is $30 per player. Club members will be registering players on Sunday mornings before and after church services. Or call: John Milton at 941-484-7975, Ray Fleming at 937-578-2861 or Bob Bainbridge at 941-408-7319.
See our Brochures in the hallway of the Narthex and TFEC
Worship at Grace involves a wide variety of approaches so that we minister to everyone - young, old, traditional, contemporary, believer, seeker. We are committed to creating an inviting worship environment where together we enter into passionate worship experiences that are led by the Holy Spirit, based on the Bible, and God’s timeless message of hope for all generations. Whether traditional or contemporary, we desire that the worship at Grace be authentic, connecting, and sustaining.